Wednesday, January 12, 2011

RX Health

Well, that was interesting. I had my first RX Health class tonight at the Y...approximately 14 cancer patients gathered together to begin an 8 week fitness journey.

Several of us are still in treatment, a couple had just completed treatment...some finished treatment several years ago and everything in between. About 1/3 of the participants are what I would consider young...another 1/3, middle age and the rest of us are old, relatively speaking. All women.

We will apparently be trying out the equipment and some of the classes that the Y has to offer. We will also be receiving educational information on nutrition and fitness. And, our homework for next time is to set our own SMART goals. (specific - measurable - attainable - realistic - timely). This is to include our weight loss goals. :) Wonder what Dr. D. would have to say about that?

Anyway, we'll see how it goes. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting, though I'm not sure what that was. But I'll give it a chance. I really do need to get some exercise. So, a new year...a new experience. I'm up for it.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment