Monday, January 17, 2011

I LOVE It...

Wait...
I know you've all been waiting with bated breath to hear how I did on the fitness evaluation. I must admit, I was a bit apprehensive. After the 15 months I've been through, I wasn't sure I could even do 10 minutes on the treadmill. But, I did and I did it with finesse, if I do say so myself. I kept my heart rate in the target range and almost at a straight line for the entire ten minutes. Of course, by the time I was done my legs thought I should be done for the night, but not the case.

We had our meeting and then went out for our cardio workout. Four different machines...7-8 minutes each. The Wave...the treadmill...the elliptical...the recumbent bike. What a workout. Now, I don't want to hear from you fitness freaks out there about how much of a wuss I am. I already know that. But, given my history, I'm sorry. This was a workout. In fact, by the time I hit the second machine I was having problems running the entire program because I would get a high heart rate warning and the program would shut down. But I just kept restarting it and eventually got through all four machines.

My legs feel like rubber. Seriously. But I need this so badly and am SO glad I pushed myself to do it. Can't imagine how much I am going to hurt in the morning. We'll see. But, it's all good. Wednesday night we will be learning to use some upper body machines. Looking forward to it. Here's to getting my life back.

Later.

2 comments:

  1. You Go Girl !!! Sounds like you had a great time. Hope you find more and more energy every day. Guess Matt was right - Exercise just might have a place in the world after all ( Didn't think those words would ever come out of my mouth ... or roll off my fingers actually.) Gotta admit though that my fibro is always worse if I don't get in at least 20 min. in the morning. Sounds like you're off to a FANTASTIC week. - Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep going. That is great news. I bet you felt great after it was over. Keep up the good work and you will get stronger every time. Sounds like it is cold there so you might as well get in shape before the nice weather comes. See you the end of the month. Barb

    ReplyDelete