Thursday, January 28, 2010

Surgery Update

Sorry to be so slow in updating this. The surgery really took alot out of me. Went well, though and I got home late morning today. I'm very tired and the incision in my neck is uncomfortable but I am very happy to be home. The staff at Mercy was just great. There are some really special people there. No word yet on the pathology report. I'm getting started on the meds that I will now have to take for the rest of my life. Quite an adjustment for me.

Just to add that litle touch of drama,I will mention that I ended up with an infiltrated IV which resulted in an extremely swollen left arm from my fingertips to my elbow. They were running around pulling my IV at 4 am Wednesday and getting another one going. Not pleasant. It is still painfully swollen and it will stay that way until all of the fluids that were mistakenly injected into the tissue dissipate. Hopefully that will be soon.

Other than that, all is good. Kelli flew home this morning. Sure hated to see her go but was nice she was able to be here.

We will now resume life in our new "normal". To the best of my knowledge, I will resume chemo in two weeks and will be able to start where I left off. Three cheers for not having to start over.

Later.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about the "glitch" with the IV but so happy to hear you were well taken care of. I'm sure glad that Kelli could be here to ... I'm sure you enjoyed some time together.

    Take care and ditto to the three cheers. We all miss seeing you so - No backtracking in this tunnel ... head straight for the end and let's get that new "normal" back to the old "normal". - Jean & Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Great news. So glad you are home and it is so cold today best to stay in. Sounds like all went reasonably well and 2 weeks you will be back on the road to recovery. It's hard to believe that soon it will be Feb. Time seems to fly by so fast. You have been so busy taking care of all of us it is now time for you just to take care of you. Keep warm and get well. I miss seeing you when I walk past your office. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy,
    Glad you've been home a few days and the surgery went well. Take care and we continue to keep you, Unc and the family in our prayers.- You've become a regular intention for the St. Mary School second grade prayer service. (:
    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that you are home recooperating. Things always seem better at home. You continue to be in my prayers and with your strong will I know you will glide through this tunnel.

    Take care, Cindy B. :-)

    ReplyDelete