Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Stay On The Line

Think about this. I'm sure you've seen the tv commercial with the green line that stretches out in front of someone and takes various twists and turns while someone reminds them to "stay on the line." The concept is that their life will turn out just fine if they just remember to stay on that line. It occurs to me that this concept applies to my life right now. A group of doctors prompted by a series of medical events are creating a green line for me to follow. This line has in the past, and continues to take some directions that I would prefer not to follow, but if I trust these doctors and believe in their abilities to determine the proper course of treatment for me as we move through this, then I should be able to just close my eyes and hear the voice of God reminding me to "stay on the line." That line, no matter which direction it takes is what will lead me to the light at the end of the tunnel.

So, right now, the line has taken a bend and is once again leading me to surgery. I am scheduled to check into Mercy Medical Center on Tuesday morning, 1/26, for a total thyroidectomy. I will be there for one, maybe two nights. According to the surgeon, I should be ready to resume my previously scheduled course of treatment within two weeks after surgery. I won't know what, if any, additional treatment will be required for the thyroid until after surgery. And now that I know what is happening and when, I am at peace with that.

Later.

6 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how "good" it feels to have a plan. It's like a having a little control in an otherwise out of control situation. I'm glad you are in such good hands.
    We continuing to think of all of you.
    Kari and Todd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for you and thinking of you. I am amazed by your ability to handle this with such grace and confidence...not sure I should be amazed because you have always been an amazing person to me in the way that you handle EVERYTHING that has ever been thrown at you. Wishing you the best.....
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy, Thinking of you and wishing you the best on Tues. Keep up the good work and take a day at a time. You will reach your goal of recovery if you just do what you need to do today. Good luck Tues. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you have a plan. Now ... to move forward. Always remember who's holding the green marker too. Sure wish somedays God would only draw straight lines ... no kinks or bumps allowed ... but I guess the most we can do is remain positive and pray that after this next squiggle on the roadmap ... His next line will be straight, steady and headed for the cure. We're praying for you - Rick & Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi It is a pretty day outside. It is snowing so it is a light dusting and everything is clean and fresh. Thought about you and just wanted you to know we are all thinking and hoping today would be a good one for you. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nice day today. Sun is shining. Thinking of you and hope today will be good and you will be coming home. I forgot to tell you I saw your grandson play ball on Sunday. He played against my grandson. He did a good job and their team won. He is really getting tall. It is so much fun to see what the kids can do. Keep up the good spirit Barb

    ReplyDelete