Monday, January 11, 2010

Long Day

Hi, all
Long day. Not alot to report but I knew some would be checking so wanted to give you the basics. My biopsy was scheduled for 8am and I was awake between 2 and 2:30 going over it in my head. It was actually less scary than I had imagined. They gave me a shot of Lidocaine to numb the area and that was probably the worst part, Well, no, actually all the alcohol they rubbed on may have been worse because all strange smells like that immediately make me nauseous. But, fortunately I didn't get sick and once I was numb he started the procedure. He had to take 5 samples of cells from the tumor to hopefully ensure they got what they needed, so that meant 5 needle aspirations. I was aware of each one but wouldn't say it was painful. And, that's it. Now we just wait until mid to latter part of the week when they will call and give us the news.

This afternoon I had my consultation and labs at the Cancer Center. Counts were even lower than last time. I virtually have no white blood cells right now. So they put me back on "Precautions" and prescribed more antiobotics just to be on the safe side. Was nice to be able to get outside on a day that was actually somewhat nice. :)

Later.

9 comments:

  1. Been thinking about you all day. Glad to hear you were able to get out on a day that was balmy by camparison.
    Praying the results are good.
    Take care of yourself.

    Mary F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. We are praying for you both that things may go well. I'm hoping I set this up correctly that we can join you often in your journey. Take care and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy,
    Thinking of you, Unc and all of the family- praying for rest and real peace during the coming days.

    Strong is a state of mind-no matter what your body may be telling you.
    we love you,
    Todd, Kari and the kids

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're doing this, Cathy. You seem to be handling all of this madness with amazing courage and grace. Please know we're thinking of you every single day and we love you very much.

    Matt & Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that hurdle is over and hope you won't have to wait too long for an answer. I know that whatever the answer is, you will handle it because so many people are praying for you and God is hearing all of those prayers. Sleep well tonight. There are brighter days ahead.
    Love and prayers,
    Marilyn and Russ

    ReplyDelete
  6. We'll be waiting and praying that all tests come out well. I'm so glad you're finding the energy to do this blog and hope that our comments somehow help to make your day a little brigher. Now just rest and stick to your "precautions" and that white count should come back up. It's supposed to be nice the rest of the week. Hopefully you can at least enjoy the weather from a sunny window seat. - Jean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathy - just caught up on your last couple of pieces. I'm glad we can follow your progress and impressed with your abiity to convey the events. Also pleased you can work to occupy the time. Wishing you continued strength,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cathy -
    I'm trying to get this blog deal figured out. But it is great to hear about your activites. You seem to be handling the adversity very well. We keep thinking and praying for you.
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cathy, I continue to think about and pray for you each and everyday. You are truly an ispiration to all cancer survivors. It is said "you never get more than you can handle", so you must be a true tower of strength. Stay on your path and remember that it is ok to lean on others. It sounds like Ken is amazing, that support is definetly our strength. You will continue to feel like crap alot of days, there's no denying it, but when all is said and done, you will be a Stronger women for it. Keep the faith Cathy, I know its hard, but "it" is so worth it! Much Love

    ReplyDelete