Saturday, January 2, 2010

I'm Back!

Back among the living. I got up this morning feeling better than I have in days and that is a really good thing. My sinus infection, though not gone, seems to be much improved and my energy levels seem to be going back up. The really good news is that I now have two whole days to feel good before the whole cycle starts over again.

Sue and Ron returned to Denver yesterday and Ken took down all the holiday decorations so the whole holiday experience suddenly feels surreal.

Speaking of Sue, I wanted to share a couple of things she did. Just a reminder, for those of you who don't know, Sue is my sister...one of three. First of all, she brought me a wig. Not just any wig, but the wig that my dad bought for my niece (Sue and Ron's daughter) when she was diagnosed with cancer. Should I decide to wear one at some point, I now have one that will be very meaningful. She also brought me a couple of medallions. A good friend of hers received these medallions when she was diagnosed with breast cancer the second time. They came from another friend who had also had breast cancer and received them from someone else. We're not sure how far back this chain goes, but the deal is when you become a breast cancer survivor you pass them on to someone else and keep the chain of survival going. So, they're now mine to carry with me until that day when I can pass them on.

Here's another cool thing...I am sitting here drinking coffee as I write this. Coffee (good freshly ground coffee) is one of my simple pleasures and after I had my first chemo treatment I was suddenly sickened by both the smell and taste of coffee. The last couple of days have seen that cruel background taste of gun metal and rusty nails dissipate to the point where I can again enjoy the taste of food and beverages. I realize this will be short lived, but for now, once again, life is good! Later.

4 comments:

  1. You should see what I just found today on video. The kids did a worship service in the early 1990's. Not sure on the date but Kelli & Matt both played their instruments and Ken was the lay leader. My, how time changes things.

    So glad you're feeling good today. Eat - Drink ( coffee, of course) - and enjoy. And remember ... Only 51 weeks until Christmas !
    Take care - Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy,
    Great to hear your feeling better today. Thanks for reminding us to enjoy the simple things- like a cup of coffee. Take Care!
    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kari
    So great to hear from you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete