Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Chemo Round 2

I went in for chemo yesterday morning but first had to go through labs to make sure that my counts were back up to a point where I could tolerate chemo. So, I had the blood draw and then went out to wait to get called back for my exam. Turned out that all my counts were good so all aboard the chemo train.

They have a big circle of chairs in the chemo room with a group of nurses who tend to everyone"s needs. Turns out I was first in line but soon there were 6 of us, all being infused with various forms of chemicals that would do their job of killing off the bad cells while hopefully sparing as many of the goood cells as possible.

One more lady joined the group, not to have chemo, but to receive massive dosages of anti-nausea medicine to hopefully stop the intense nausea that had plagued her all week-end. She also needed fluids to reverse her dehydration. I felt so sorry for her. This stuff can and will hopefully be lifesaving but the process can bring you to your knees. It is life-changing.

But, once again, I seem to be tolerating it well 24 hours later I have some minor nausea and a few other symptoms but nothing I can't handle. Went back to the Cancer Center this morning for my "day after chemo" shot...this time as one of the veterans who walk in sporting a hat. Got that "first" behind me.

Tomorrow morning I have an appointment at Midlands Clinic for my thyroid biopsy. No idea what to expect there. Just hoping for the best.

Then am reallly hoping to round out the week by going into the office for a couple of hours on Thursday or Friday before my counts bottom out again next weekend.

Was really excited to see a new crop of followers on here this morning. I truly appreciate all the support.

Later.

8 comments:

  1. Cathy, tons of love and prayers for your strenght and peace in your heart you know everything will be OKEY.
    Lillyan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cathy,
    We'll be thinking about you tomorrow. We'll say a special prayer tonight for a peaceful, restful night for you as well. I want you to know that Sam's 2nd grade class is also remembering you in their daily prayer service. The prayers of children are especially powerful (:
    Love,
    Todd and Kari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really glad to hear that your chemo symptoms are again tolerable and better than expected. Hope it stays that way, and keep up the positive attitude; it will make all the difference in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for keeping us all updated this way. I've read the comments lately. Those are some pretty smart kids you raised and Matt is right - your positive outlook is what's going to see you through. Good luck tomorrow and here's to a POSITIVELY great week. - Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll be thinking of you tomorrow and saying a little prayer. Hope all goes well. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I am in hopes that you are getting my messages? I think I have done everything right but you do know me and computers. It is not my thing. Let me know if I have not done something right. I am glad to hear you are out and getting it all your appointments taken care of . The weather is not cooperating with you. Keep up the good spirit. Go get em. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad that round 2 went well. Praying and crossing my fingers for a possitive test on the thyroid tomorrow. Let me know if you need anything! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so neat you do this. I'm praying for you. Wanted to leave you with the scripture I read yesterday. Psalm 139:13-16 God Bless!

    ReplyDelete