Friday, January 15, 2010

Feelin' Good

When you're healthy and you basically feel good every day, you don't even appreciate the fact that you feel good. Anyway, I never did. But when you only are blessed with a few "feel good" days out of every two week period, you quickly learn to appreciate them.

I stole a few hours to go into my office today in spite of the fact that I was on "Precautions." Sue and Sandy went in before I got there and completely disinfected every surface. Thanks so much!! And people were very good about standing well outside the door to say hi if they had any signs of a cold, etc. It was funny how many people were amazed by how good I look (in their words) and I believe that is due to what I was referring to above. I am so appreciating feeling good today that it shows. I have two more days to feel this way now before I have chemo again on Monday.

Also, it felt so good just to be back in my element...my office. I work with so many good people and I didn't get to see anywhere near all of them but those I did get to visit with just made my day. You guys are great.

This was the first time I drove a car in a month. Negotiating intersections with gigantic snow banks which block your vision is certainly no picnic and I quickly saw that I hadn't missed anything in that regard.

No big news, today. Just getting ready to enjoy my week-end. Monday is chemo, Tuesday, the shot after chemo and Wednesday the visit with the surgeon so lots of medical stuff next week.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment