Thursday, July 8, 2010

One of Those LONG Days

Wow...I'm finally starting to wake up. Today was one of those long Cancer Center days. Started the morning with radiation. One of the Linear Accelerators was down so they had to run everyone through one which slowed down the process tremendously. Digressing momentarily, yesterday was x-ray day. They do that once a week. But, for some reason they were having problems with mine and ended up redoing it 4 times. When I got on the table for my treatment this morning, they said they were going to have to take another x-ray. They ended up taking two more today so not really sure what that is about.

Anyway, finally finished up radiation and got checked in for labs with one minute to spare. Then it was a nurse consultation followed by doctor consultation and exam. My lab report wasn't too bad though my white cells had dropped even a little more since I was last there. He thinks it may be from the radiation though that is apparently less likely than it is with chemo. Will have to keep monitoring the situation. He also indicated that next time we need to talk about starting hormone therapy. Great. The grand finale was chemo. The good news was I scored one of the private rooms with a bed. That is always a plus. The pre meds they give you really do a number on me, though. They make me fall asleep while I'm there and I fell asleep again as soon as I got home and slept for several hours. Thank goodness Marilyn came and sat with me and chauffered me home. Ken was teaching today so unavailable for the marathon Cancer Center sit-in. Sure hope that some day I get my energy back.

But, like I said, I am finally awake and have to start gettiing ready for the week-end. We are driving up to Sue and Ron's cabin tomorrow evening. Looking forward to it. Haven't been there since last summer. I think that a couple of days relaxing on the water's edge sounds like just what the doctor ordered. Have radiation again in the morning. Then work. Then week-end. Hope you all have a great week-end as well.

Later.

Oh, and, by the way...I'm half way through radiation now. Yay Me!

3 comments:

  1. What a long day - Russ told us this AM that Marilyn was spending the day with you. Hope everything aligns for a great weekend for you guys. You are in my thoughts and prayers and I've put in my order for great weather and safe travel for your trip. Have fun and dangle your feet in the water - that's what I"ll be doing ! Take care and ... as the old song goes "Keep Your Sunnyside Up!" ... Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Half way through...YAY! Celebrate at the lake...I wish I could join you. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete