Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Countdown

5 - 4 - 3 -

That's right. The countdown has begun. I started with 33 radiation treatments ahead of me which felt like an eternity. Now there are THREE remaining. 30 down. 3 to go.

Yesterday the dietician suggested I try some Ensure. I thanked her but declined. I don't know...Ensure is what my Dad had to drink when he had cancer. It feels like a senior citizen drink :). I don't think I need it. I'm almost done with radiation. Then I think things have to get better.

Chemo Thursday, too. Have to psych myself up to get through that day  But, then it will be Friday...graduation day for me. The last day of summer school for Ken. And the beginning of only having to visit the Cancer Center once every three weeks  We are going to disappear Friday evening for about 24 hours for a quiet celebration and to bask in the sense of relief and new-found freedom. It's been so long since I haven't had to feel tethered to the Cancer Center. I still have chemo until March. Can't forget that. But there will be three week intervals now where I don't have to think about it.

In August we are even going to take a little vacation to visit family in Colorado. Definitely looking forward to that as well. For now, at least, life is good.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. One good day at a time ... nothing to sneeze always something to be celebrated. Have a great celebration with Ken. You too have earned a wonderful relaxing weekend. Enjoy - Jean

    ReplyDelete