Thursday, July 22, 2010

It's Not About Me!

I could tell you about my radiation treatment today...the fact that in addition to my regular treatment I had to prepare for the radiation boosts that they will do next week. I guess this is a type of treatment they have found to decrease your chances of recurrence. As I understand it, they radiate the surface area of the incision and the tumor cavity. It requires different markings than the treatments they have been doing. Hence, more tattoos...ouch. But, once they have completed those treatments next Friday, my radiation will be complete and I will be one step closer to the end of this interminable tunnel.

But, as happy as I am about that, like I said, today it's not about me. As I put one more milestone behind me and crawl closer to that light, a good friend of mine is just beginning his journey. I feel so bad that he and his wife have to go through this. If all of you who have been so faithful in your prayers for me would take a moment to pray for my friend, it would really mean a lot to me.

And, friend, if you're reading this, please know that any time you feel like you don't have the strength to fight this battle, let me know and I will lend you some. Hang in there.

Later

1 comment:

  1. One nice thing about prayer ... God knows the specifics and there's an endless supply. Consider your friend added to my prayer list - May God give them a sense of peace amidst the anxiety of the unknown.

    I'll also be thinking about you next week. One more hurdle jumped. Congratulations - Jean

    ReplyDelete