Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Twitter

I now have a new outlet.

I have been tweeting for United Real Estate Solutions for several months now. I finally decided that I wanted to open a personal Twitter account as well. Unlike many others out there, I won't be trying to solve the problems of the world. I won't even be providing commentary on those problems. Nothing political. Nothing on the state of the economy. I'll leave those topics to the experts and the wanna be's.

My conversations will be random. I'm excited about this. It won't be just about life with cancer. But, there is no escaping the fact that my life is life with cancer. At least for now. So, that will probably always be reflected in my tweets. But it will be more about lifes ups and downs, lifes challenges, lifes joys, lifes sorrows, lifes good, bad and ugly. And, mostly it will be random. It will give me a chance to express those thoughts that may be worth sharing but are not worth the generation of an entire blog post.

Think about it...it's like getting an opportunity to color without having to stay within the lines. It's a chance to be off the wall. It's a diversion...a chance to take my mind off of treatments, off of  throbbing pains in my legs, off of debilitating fatigue and off of endless diagnostic tests.

I invite any of you who are interested to join me in my new conversation. You can find me at @cathystunnel. I'm not ending my blog. Not yet, anyway. Just expanding my horizons. Maybe I'm just moving closer to the day when I finally decide to attempt a book. Don't know. Don't have to know. It's just something I want to do right now.

Friday is Cancer Center day again. One more reason to take my mind off of things for awhile.

Later.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Excited to follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a "tweet" idea. Sorry to say I haven't taken to the upper most branches of the communications tree with you tweeters. Heck - I don't even text. Tried that once with the church youth group. Texted them scripture for a Lenten Study - didn't think to tell them in the text who I was ... they all thought I was some weird "scriptural stalker".

    Thanks, by the way, for prayers offered by you and yours. Seems like they are working - and I'm learning from you to take it one day at a time! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow - Hope the day goes by quickly and with no snags. Here's to a great weekend for us all. - Jean

    ReplyDelete