Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Blogiversary?

Is there such a thing?

Well, I have officially now been blogging for one year. I set it up and began blogging as I prepared to begin my long chemo journey. My first treatment was on 12/22/09 and I was scared to death. I had watched my Dad suffer through chemo years ago and it was my fervent hope that I would never have to go through that. But, in life, we play the hand we're dealt, and, as it turned out, that was to be mine. It is probably a good thing that, at that point, I had no idea what all 2010 would hold. It was enough to just put one foot in front of the other and take care of whatever that day would bring. Anything more would have been information overload. I think about all the bends in that tunnel that I have made my way through and wonder if the Christmas lights in front of me could possibly be the first real glimpse of light at the end of that tunnel.

I think about those I know who are either just beginning their cancer journey or are in the midst of trying to feel their way through those devastating bends in the tunnel...the uncertainty, the agonizing waits for test results and information, questions regarding treatment options. My heart goes out to them at any time but especially at Christmas.

I have labs, exam and treatment on Thursday and then plan to put cancer behind me for a few days and enjoy the holiday. Will try to post briefly on Thursday.

Later.

3 comments:

  1. Great Attitude. Just keep going in a positive motion and all will keep going right. It is a wonderful season full of lights and magic. We thank God for all we have and are greatful for what he has blessed us with. Enjoy the fun we can never have the days back so we want it to be the best it can be. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right back at ya' Barb. Thanks for always being there for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be praying for great labs and an easy treatment on Thursday. You deserve a great holiday. I'm not an expert on the "water cycle" but maybe during your treatment you can look at the snowflakes falling as God's way of sending the ocean you love so much to you in an Iowa sort of way ! - Have a great Thursday and a wonderful weekend. - Jean

    ReplyDelete