Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Elizabeth Edwards

I admit that last night when I heard the news that Elizabeth Edwards treatments were no longer working and had been discontinued, I was devastated. I hadn't heard any news of her for awhile so was unaware that she was losing the battle. Today, she passed away.

What a blow. She was a fighter and had incredible determination. I remember, several years ago, when they announced that her cancer had returned and was uncurable but would be manageable with treatment. For whatever reason, I took that to mean that she would live a long life but would have to undergo treatments to keep it in check. That was such a short time ago and too soon she's gone. It's a tough pill to swallow.

Yesterday she posted this message on her Facebook page...

“I have been sustained throughout my life by three saving graces -- my family, my friends, and a faith in the power of resilience and hope. These graces have carried me through difficult times and they have brought more joy to the good times than I ever could have imagined. The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered. We know that.”

Yes we do.

They are sellling shirts at the Cancer Center right now with the "Fight like a Girl" logo. Elizabeth Edwards did just that. Rest in peace Elizabeth.

Later.

2 comments:

  1. Hi I agree. Their is not much more to life than the 3 f's family, friends and faith. She will be missed. It is too bad good people have to leave us so soon. You are doing great so keep up the good work. Everyday is precious so use them wisely. I will be going to Arizona on the 10th of Jan. I love it there so I am going to do it while I can. Go to California drink wine and enjoy the time we have. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second your thoughts. A life ended way too soon is so hard to handle - but - now, let's take that determination and faith and all the world has learned from this lovely lady and keep the ripples spreading. You never know who's life you're going to touch. You are doing a fabulous job of offering inspiration yourself. Keep it up. - Jean

    ReplyDelete