Friday, December 3, 2010

Home at Last

Wow. The Cancer Center was SOOO busy today. I was there for over four hours and then took a couple more to sleep it off when I got home. Just beginning to feel a little more like myself.

Interesting beginning...when I checked in and picked up my lab orders, I found out that my first order of business was to be a chest x-ray. Who knew? Not me. I guess that was just one more diagnostic procedure to attempt to unearth the reason for the unexplained weight loss. Was down a few more today. Dr. D. said the x-ray looked pretty good, though. He is becoming slightly concerned about the continuing low white counts, however. I guess that typically is not the case with the drug that I am currently on. He says we will continue to monitor it and if the numbers continue to stay down or go down further, we may need to do a bone marrow. Somehow, I don't think that is an experience I want to add to my resume.

Tweeted from my Blackberry a couple of times while I was there, just as a diversion. Here is one of them...
"Just had my blood drawn. When they flush your port the smell and taste are AWFUL! Tip: If you forget your mints, don't breathe or swallow. It helps." You're limited to 140 characters in your tweets so that is an interesting challenge.

Ken shot this photo of me just chillin during chemo. It is quite literally the only photo on record of me and my chemo experience.

No major diagnostics scheduled for this month so that is a really good thing. My next infusion is scheduled for 12/23. That is back to Thursday but, in this case, is a good thing, because I really wasn't looking forward to having chemo on Christmas Eve. Interestingly enough, that will be one year, almost to the day, after my very first chemo treatment. It was 12/22/09. What a lot has happened in that year!

Later.

2 comments:

  1. Hi That is great news. It sounds like you and your body are beginning to like this stuff. You are lucky because you can eat a lot of Christmas candy and not gain a pound. On to the Holidays and hope you have a great one. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more down ... and Ken's quite the photographer. You look FANTASTIC ... I'm liking the silver locks more and more each time I see you. You've taught me yet one more lesson ... unexplained weight loss ( although it sounds like every woman's dream ) can be a real pain in the you know what. Hope they figure it out soon and you can stop having all the tests. Must feel like being back in college again !
    Take care and have a great week - See you soon - Jean

    ReplyDelete