Friday, December 10, 2010

Back to Realty!!

Received an email the other day from the dietician at the Cancer Center. It was information on an exercise class for Cancer patients. I need this. However, not sure I want to make the commitment.

Hmmm.  In the past year, I have completely lost all muscle tone. I have no strength whatsoever. I remember one day carrying groceries in after shopping and almost falling backwards going up two deck steps carrying several bags into the house. Couldn't support the weight.

I've been told that taking this class would help stimulate my appetite and help to deal with my weight loss issue.

Understand all that.

Believe all that.

Want to do it.

However... it is two days a week during the heart of winter. I have a HUGE issue committing to anything other than attempting to work full time, because I don't have the energy...I don't have the strength...I don't have the stamina. AND, I hate going out in the cold.  So...I don't commit.

Therefore, as much as I realize I need this class and as much as I would like to do it, I have been sitting on the fence. But, I just happened to catch a comment from Jane Fonda on TV late this afternoon that pretty much pushed me over the edge. I think I am going to commit.

The class starts on January 10 and it starts with a fitness evaluation (oh, great). They tell you to show up in exercise clothes and bring a water bottle. Well, I can handle the water bottle...

I have replaced my work wardrobe three times in recent history, but haven't given much thought to my exercise clothes. :) We'll see.

Later.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is great -- I certainly understand the difficulty getting motivated to get out and to the gym in the winter but I can tell you I've never once ever gone to the gym and afterwards said, "I wish I hadn't done that."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably would be good but I understand the motivation issue. Matt looks at home on the ski slopes ... but give me a nice warm fireplace or sunny beach any day. Wishing you the best as you make your decision. Hope you were able to enjoy a little of the winter wonderland today ... that is if you could see out your window ! Take care ... Jean

    ReplyDelete