Friday, September 10, 2010

Some Days Things Just Click...

Some days they don't!  Today was one of those days.

The last time I had chemo, we were getting ready to leave for Colorado. I have never had things go as smoothly as they did that day at the Cancer Center. I finished up about an hour earlier than I had anticipated. That was totally unexpected and quite frankly, it is totally unlikely that it will ever happen again. But it did that day. Not today!!

I knew when I got there that today would be a challenge. There were no available parking places except behind the building. Not a big deal since Ken was dropping me off, but still, a bad sign.

I got right in for labs and very shortly thereafter was called back for my nurse consultation. I was beginning to think that I had misjudged things. Not the case. I was scheduled to see my doctor at 10:20. It was pushing noon when I finally got called back. Needless to say, my 11:30 chemo appointment was not happening on time.

The exam was not destined to be clear sailing either. Due to scheduling conflicts I had seen other oncologists the last two times I had been there so had actually not talked with Dr. D. since June. He walked into the exam room and just did a double take. He said "You don't even look like Mrs. Stueve. How much weight have you lost?" Obviously he could have looked back through my charts and found that out but I just told him. He then asked me some other doctor type questions like...
Do you have any appetite?
Do you have any pain in your abdomen?
Do you have any pain in your back?
Do you have any trouble swallowing?
etc. etc.

To make a long story short, based on the amount of weight I have lost and several other things, he said he wanted to refer me to Dr. Hartje for an immediate EGD. He scheduled it for Monday morning at Mercy. He also wants to schedule a PET scan and another MUGA scan in the next couple of weeks. I don't know...does this seem kind of like deja vu?

No..things just didn't click today. I guess we'll just see what happens.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment