Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Other Side

Back from Colorado...back from the lake...done traveling for awhile. Now it's back to the business of confronting cancer. These next few weeks are going to be an emotional roller coaster as I approach the one year anniversary of my diagnosis. Ironic that it was in October...Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Now I feel driven to make others more aware. I'm not a "pink pusher" but sometimes there are things that I consider worthwhile and I may mention them here.

First and foremost - ladies...if it has been more than a year since you have had a mammogram, get one. Don't wait for October. And, don't assume you're OK just because you haven't noticed a lump. My cancer was caught with a routine mammogram and even the doctors were unable to detect a lump. Get a mammogram...PLEASE!

2.  Are you on Facebook? Every year Yoplait Yogurt does a "pink lid" promotion and donates 10 cents to Susan Komen for every lid that is sent to them. Save Lids to Save Lives. This year, Dannon Yogurt is participating with a Facebook promotion where they will donate 10 cents for every "like" they get on Facebook. All you have to do is go to their page and click "like".  Here is the information if you are interested.
 
Every New Light And Fit® "Like" Helps Fight Breast Cancer!


http://www.facebook.com/lightandfit

Dannon® and the National Breast Cancer Foundation are teaming up in the fight against breast cancer. “Like” the Dannon® Light And Fit® page to activate a 10¢ donation to the National Breast Cancer Foundation today! Share this message of hope with your friends and help the cause!

3.  I received an email from Susan Komen For the Cure. The gist of it was "Next month is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. If you give a gift today, we'll send you a Pink Ribbon. Wear it and show the world you want to stop cancer from taking one more life."
 
I have chemo again tomorrow. I have spent months going to the Cancer Center for treatment and have many more months to go. If I can do just a tiny bit to ensure that others I care about do not have to go through this it will be well worth my time.

Later.



1 comment:

  1. You are doing a great job for yourself and also making people aware of what you have been through. It is hard to imagine but I always knew that you were a survivor and it has shown through all of this. Keep going one step at a time and before you know it it will be behind you. Keep going you are doing great. Barb

    ReplyDelete