Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Patience is a Virtue

...that I don't seem to have. It has been well over a week now since Dr. D. indicated that he wanted me to have another MUGA scan and PET scan. I still don't know when they will be.

Last week I called the Cancer Center to ask about it and they said that the insurance company would have to give the OK before they could schedule it. By this morning, I was really wondering how big a decision this could be for them, that it could take that long. I was scheduled for a Lymphodema Clinic at the Cancer Center this afternoon, so, while there, I asked about this. They had just received the OK from the insurance company, so were going to call and schedule the tests this afternoon. She said she would call me once they were set.

It is now 6:00 and I have not heard from them so, at this point, do not expect to. I just feel mentally exhausted. It's not that I believe these tests will have a negative outcome, but the waiting and wondering is unbelievably draining. I've always considered myself fairly patient, but this is a true test and I'm afraid I'm not getting a passing grade.

Sorry. Just felt the need to vent.

Later.

4 comments:

  1. You're allowed to vent ... hey, stomp your feet and hit something if that's what you feel like. I think you're holding up remarkably well. I'd be a basket case with all this waiting. I don't do WAIT very well. I prefer NOW.
    Keep your eye on that light and hang on - Hopefully soon you'll be back on track on your way out of that tunnel! - Take care - You're in my prayers. Do you want me to pray for patience for you ... or just for everyone else to SPEED UP ? - Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Keep up the good work. You need to keep on top of them No one cares like you do. If you don't stand up for yourself no one will. Keep moving forward one step at a time and it will soon be over. You look great and stronger everytime I see you. Good luck on your tests and keep going on. You are a survivor. Never forget that. When you are so sick it is tuff to imagine it but force yourself to eat and keep in mind the end results that you want. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got it ... both it is. Patience for you and speed for the insurance & scheduling slowpokes. You'd think they'd understand - wouldn't you.
    Hang in there and let me know if there's anything else I can do. If I could find a way I'd be happy to give you some of my excess weight but - alas - that process hasn't been perfected yet.
    Have a "sunny" day - if you can see past the "clouds" ... - I wish it would just rain already and get it over with ! - Jean

    ReplyDelete