Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Ultrasound

Well...one more thing behind me.

Yesterday afternoon was my scheduled ultrasound at Mercy. It was unlike many of the other diagnostic procedures they've done in that I could watch the screen while they were doing it. That is both good and bad because I had no idea what I was looking at. They, of course, won't tell you anything, so I was just lying there thinking what's that...what are those white spots...what's with the flashes of red and blue...what is this...what is that?

Then, finally she said she was done and disppeared. She reappeared in just a bit with another lady who said she was just going to take a peak. NOW, I'm really thinking what is up? Could be that she saw something that she thought someone else should take a look at, or, it could be that she is new and inexperienced and wasn't getting exactly the views that they needed. I don't know. That is why I couldn't mentally process it last night and didn't write.

But, there is no point in wasting mental energy on something you know nothing about so, for now, I'm just putting it out of my mind and waiting for the results. I've gotten pretty adept at that and we'll know soon enough. Until then, I have Thanksgiving to prepare for.

Later.

2 comments:

  1. So good to see you guys this morning! You look fantastic. Hope you're Thanksgiving is wonderful - Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Just ask and you may get an answer. I alway take a shot at it. If they are showing you I always ask what am I looking at and they will explain. They won't tell you results but at least you can see what they are seeing. It is probably ok. Just one more nut to crack. Wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. Barb

    ReplyDelete