Sunday, November 14, 2010

Omaha

Sunday night and I am SO tired. It was worth it though.

We needed to take our Acura in to the dealer for some warranty work so that meant a trip to Omaha Saturday. We decided to make it a weekend and take Michelle and Keisha with us. Shopping, shopping. :)  What a shock to find SNOW in Omaha yesterday. But it didn't deter us. We shopped ALL DAY yesterday and for several hours this afternoon. We spent quite a bit of time looking for possible dresses for Kelli and Brett's wedding. What a good time we had just looking, looking, looking and now and then trying something on. We hit our favorite bargain shopping spots as well...TJ Maxx and Marshalls. So, I am tired, yes, but what a great time we had. I treasure family times like this.

When we got home I had a letter from the Cancer Center. They didn't have my next appointment scheduled yet when I left last Thursday, so they mailed the information. Looks like they have me scheduled for an abdominal ultrasound at Mercy on Friday. I'm apprehensive about that but, for now at least, refuse to consider it to be anything more than another blip on the radar screen.

The good news is, they scheduled my next treatment for a Friday. I really appreciate the Friday treatments. It is much easier for me. I'm not sure how I ended up getting bumped back to Friday again but I'm so glad.

So, week-end is over...bring on a new week and whatever it has in store. Make it a good one!

Later.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to go to Omaha.I was in Minnesota this week end and lots of snow. I think it is normal to have certained things checked. You need to force yourself to eat. Even if you don't feel like it just a taste to keep up your strength. Wish you the best on Friday. Keep taking a step at a time. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on Friday. I'll be thinking about you.
    Sounds like you had fun shopping ... nothing like a ladies' shopping day. I love doing little things like that with the kids. Angie and I went maternity clothes shopping last weekend. Hard to believe she's getting so close.
    Take care and in our prayers you will remain, lady! So glad you got your Friday sessions back too. Isn't it nice when something actually goes your way ??? - See ya - Give my best to your shopping buddies -Jean

    ReplyDelete