Saturday, October 2, 2010

There's a light at the end of this tunnel...

shining bright at the end of this tunnel. Please take a moment to listen.

http://www.last.fm/music/Third+Day/_/Tunnel

It was a long day yesterday. We didn't get home until after 5:30. But, it was a good day. The MUGA scan indicated that my heart is actually functioning at a higher level than it was before. 5% higher. That, in spite of the fact that I continue to receive a drug that is known to damage the heart, so that was great news.

The PET scan was clear except for a small cyst in the pelvic area which did not show up as cancerous. So, imagine the collective sighs of relief in that exam room. :)

I lost another 5 pounds which continues to concern him so I have to go see the endocrinologist. I also have to get another mammogram before my next appointment so, guess what. Once again I am waiting to find out when these appointments will be scheduled and they won't put me on the chemo schedule until they have that information. Here we go again. :)

But, no matter. It is what it is and the appointments will be whenever. I want Fridays but if I can't get it, so be it. There is an end in sight now and I couldn't be more excited. We're even beginning preliminary discussions about a beach vacation this spring. This photo from the beach in northern California doesn't really even look like me any more but I love it. This crazy journey I have been on for the past year will end in about 5 months. Looking forward to the next one.

Later.

5 comments:

  1. Such great news! You most definitely deserve it. Keep up the good fight. Have fun planning that beach vacation.

    Cindy B., :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd do a rousing rendition of the Hallelujah Chorus but you've been through enough already. Couldn't be happier. I heard the news today while working at the church and I was so happy to hear your reports were good. Now ... relax and enjoy the weekend. Take care - Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Great news. Just keep going forward. The vacation sounds great so go for it. Life is too short and we need to do whatever we need to do.You are a survivor so just do what has to be done and keep one step at a time. It is hard to believe that it has been that much time. Take care and keep moving forward. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the song. I needed that. Have a great weekend. - Jean

    ReplyDelete