Monday, October 25, 2010

The Call

I stood in the shower for the longest time this morning, with the water cranked up as hot as it would go. I was hoping it would thaw out the chill of apprehension I was feeling. I was scheduled for my one year mammogram at 11AM at Mercy.

It was such a feeling of deja vu when I walked in that room. I even had the same tech I had a year ago. She talked about how much had changed in a year's time. She even had to feel my fuzzy head. Then we just got it over with.

Unheard of. Usually even if you ask they won't tip their hand on what they see. She volunteered. She said the doctor would have to read it but from what she could see, if looked good. She even volunteered to call me after the doctor looked at it to tell me what he thought. Can you believe it? I gave her my cell number and within the hour I got a call. The doctor gave me the "all clear". What an unbelievable feeling of relief. And how I thank her for being so sensitive that she would let me know the results even though I know that is a "no no". My results were to have come from Dr. D. but he has yet to call. I doubt that he has even received the results yet. What a long wait that would have been. Technically, I should probably wait until he confirms to celebrate, but I know it's OK. Maybe he'll call tomorrow. Maybe not.
Regardless, the end is in sight.. All clear. Can you even imagine the relief we feel?

Later.

1 comment:

  1. So happy - God's in control, no doubt about it. He even gave you just the tech you needed today. Take care and celebrate it all ... your good news, your family, your friends ... even your fuzzy head. You've come a LONG WAY Lady! You deserve all the happiness you can get. Grab it and hold tight. - Jean

    ReplyDelete