Sunday, April 25, 2010

Susan Koman Race For the Cure

In case you haven't heard, Sioux City is hosting the Susan Koman Race For a Cure on Sunday, May 9. This is an opportunity for thousands of people to join together to spread breast cancer awareness within the community and to help raise funds which will work toward the dream of someday eradicating this devastating disease.
As most of you know, I was diagnosed with breast cancer last October. I had surgery in November and a second surgery in January to remove my potentially cancerous thyroid. Since December, I have been undergoing massive chemotherapy and will continue receiving these treatments for approximately 10 more months. This will be followed by radiation and finally 5 years of hormone therapy.
A group of my family and friends will be participating in this years Race for a Cure on my behalf. I hope to participate as well by walking the short course. If you would like to contribute to our team effort, you can do so either online or by mailing your check to me. To donate online, please click here. To send a donation, make your check payable to: Susan G. Komen for the Cure Siouxland Affiliate

Mail to: Cathy Stueve

1231 So. Glass

Sioux City, IA, 51106-1616

All mailed donations must be received by May 4. Any and all donations are appreciated. Every dollar makes an impact. My hope, dream and prayer is for a world free of breast cancer - for me, for you, for those you love, for my own daughters and grandaughter, for everyone.
If you can see it in your heart to join with us on Sunday, May 9, or to support us through your contributions, I would be deeply grateful.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment