Tuesday, April 20, 2010

An opportunity........

As one of Cathy's sisters, I, like all of you, follow her blog religiously and am so impressed by her ability to write openly and honestly about how her life was changed overnight by the diagnosis of breast cancer. I have to admit that I often struggle trying to find the right words to say and not knowing for sure how to help her.

But there is an opportunity for me and anyone else who would like to join me on Sunday, May 9, 2010, in Sioux City, Iowa, to participate in the Susan B Komen Race for the Cure. I would very much like to enter a team of folks in her honor and participate in something that has made a difference in the fight against breast cancer. I don't have any of the details just yet, but if you haven't made any plans, (I know that it is Mothers' Day), this is a very powerfully positive way to start the day. More to come................

Thanks Cath for letting me use your blog.

Susan Highstreet

3 comments:

  1. Keisha and I would like to take part and join you in the Race for the Cure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just heard from Jennifer Murphy with United Real Estate that she and her mom would like to join you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wish I could walk with you all but I'm committed to not 1 but 2 Sunday School classes that day. I'll be thinking about you from the classroom, though. Adam's wife and her step-mom will be walking, though. Maybe I'll put a little picture of you in her pocket and she can carry it with her. Onward and Upward, Team Cathy !

    ReplyDelete