Friday, February 18, 2011

One Week

The clock is ticking. It has now been five weeks since I last had a "Cancer Center" day and I am rapidly getting used to it. I'm even MORE rapidly liking it. But, can't stop thinking that one week from today I have my six week follow-up.

That day could truly be the end of this tunnel. Obviously, there will still be follow-ups, but they will become fewer and farther between. I look for that to be the day that I officially am declared cancer free. I look for that to be the day that he says, no more tests. I look for that to be the day I find out how much longer this port will have to be a part of me. I look for that to be the day that I finally step into the light.

Seven days. So near and yet so far.

Later.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful follow-up appointment. Stay positive. Keep your eye on the prize and stock up on sunscreen. I think that lights comin' ... Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your week is going well. How much longer until you and Ken see that ocean view ?

    ReplyDelete