Friday, February 4, 2011

Chemo Day

It's chemo day today...but it isn't.  A strange feeling...my first cycle off treatment. Strangely liberating and exciting yet...

I guess it is like venturing out onto that tight rope without the safety net. I really have to begin living again now. That is what I want to do but it is a scary feeling too.

When my next three week cycle passes, I will have to go to the Cancer Center again, but not for treatment. Just labs and a follow up exam. That is when I hope that he will cut the cord. It's already been cut for treatment. Now it needs to be cut for these diagnostics. I recognize that I will always have to have regular lab work and exams and I'm good with that. It is, in a sense, my safety net. But I think I've had enough of the other tests for now. We'll know in three weeks.

Today...baby steps on that tight rope.

In three weeks...the light.

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. "
                                                           Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment