Monday, August 23, 2010

Interesting Place

So, we've been driving around quite a bit and I must admit, Denver is quite the interesting place. I noticed a place selling marijuana and mentioned it. Matt said they are on almost every street corner. It's a huge deal for cancer patients. He volunteered to get me some. I declined. I said I'm not much good at smoking. He laughed and told me you don't have to smoke it. They have it in ice cream, candy, gum...even chap stick. Seriously? Who knew. I still declined. But, it's interesting.

Ethnic areas and restaurants...huge. What a great place for people watching. And, it doesn't get much better than this for experiencing different cuisines.

Like to shop? One of my favorite stores is TJMaxx and they are all over the place. You can hit a different one every day.

Thursday we are going to Vail. We will get to spend a little time with Matt and Sara and soak up an entirely different culture there.

We also attended a wedding and have enjoyed several late night wedding planning sessions. Ken has visited a variety of music stores and I believe will be buying a new twelve string guitar tomorrow.

Loving it!

Later.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE it when you "write so happy" ! Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. I'll bet those wedding planning sessions are great. Soak it all up & enjoy ! - Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi It is great to hear that you are having a wonderful time. You do deserve it with all that you have been through. Gray is great. Try it for a while and see if you like it. With your skin tones it should be ok. It will be a big change for you but the chemicals in dye are not great either. I think gray is very nice. Look at Florence Campbell. I think she looks great. Sarah Imig has some gray and I think it is super. Try it first and see how you feel in a few months and you can always change. Have a great vacation and we will see you when you return.Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy,

    Sorry I am not there to enjoy it with you. It sounds like you are having a great time. Have a wonderful time in Vail and enjoy the rest of the trip. I hope to see you soon.

    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brett
    So glad to hear from you. We're really missing you. Looking forward to seeing you Labor Day weekend. Having some good wedding discussions. I'm sure Kelli has shared. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete