Monday, February 22, 2010

The Countdown Begins...

Well, week-end is over and the countdown begins...

Thursday is chemo day and I am already dreading it. It's funny how all things are relative. I have some friends who are leaving for Mexico on Thursday. I would assume that they are looking forward with excitement and anticipation to February 25. Same day, different outlook. (By the way, I challenge some computer literate member of your group to log in to my blog from Mexico and send me a ray of sunshine off the ocean :)

But I am doing what I said I would. I did spend some time on the Elliptical this morning. As a matter of fact, I started over the weekend so have done it for several days now. I also started from page one of a book of piano classics that I bought and am seeing how many of them I can fight my way through. Then I mark the ones I want to come back to and spend some time working on. I am hoping that these things will make me mentally stronger and able to focus on something other than cancer treatments.

Not only that, but there is a certain excitement in knowing that this Thursday will be the last of the AC chemo treatments....the last of that red stuff that they manually inject...the stuff that immediately overwhelms you with a nasty taste and smell. I don't really know what comes after that and, right now, don't particularly care. I care about getting to and through this Thursday.

I read a quote the other day...
"Some days there won't be a song in your heart. Sing anyway."
Kinda cool, huh?

Later.

3 comments:

  1. Love the quote. You're doing it too - you know that don't you? You're singing when the music is miles away and the joy is miles beyond that - but you're doing it. I admire your attitude so much.

    Keep smiling - keep writing - keep praying - and keep putting one foot in front of the other. This comes with all my wishes and prayers that Thursday goes well and the music, sunshine from the ocean and the well wishes of all your friends & family gives you a lovely glimpse of that light at the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just thought I'd let you know I'm thinking of you and dreading tomorrow right along with you. It's your last dose of the red stuff though and you can look forward to another charm. Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're in my thoughts every day - but especially today. Jean

    ReplyDelete