Saturday, June 12, 2010

A New Adventure

What a busy week.  Tuesday I had my third MUGA scan. Won't know the results until I see the doctor on the 17th. On Thursday morning, I had a consultation with my radiation oncologist and Thursday afternoon I had labs and a nurse evaluation. My white count had gone from astonomically high to slightly low. Go figure. The biggest problem I'm having right now is that my feet and legs started swelling a little over a week ago and I haven't been able to get it to go down. Usually I can just push water for a few days and get rid of it but not this time. It could be a delayed effect from the last chemo treatment or it could be a heart issue. Guess if it is still a problem next Thursday when I see the doctor I will know more. On Friday I had a CT scan and got my radiation tattoos. I will have my first of 33 radiation treatments this coming Tuesday and Thursday I will have chemo as well. Guess I have another full week ahead of me and it will be that way through July. Upward and onward.

Later.

2 comments:

  1. Well - You've definitely been well "scanned" this week. Hope this week ... and the month of July .... go by in a flash. Hope you know you're in the hearts and minds of many, many people at Westminster. Let me know if it's OK to summarize your last couple blogs for the July Witness. We're all praying for good scans and few side effects. Take care - Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to touch base and let you know I've been thinking about you today. Hope all went well. Take care - Jean

    ReplyDelete